29 November 2013

Markets

One of the things I enjoy and look most forward to around this time of year is visiting markets. Yes it's cold, it gets dark a little too soon but it all adds to the wonderful atmosphere at these markets. Everyone bundled up in wooly scarves and coats, huddled around the stalls with hot drinks, lovely golden lights surrounding you, and lots of treats all around. And it all gets me rather excited for the winter season ahead. This week I visited a friend in Manchester and so we decided to take a trip to the Christmas market there. It was absolutely lovely.

We drank hot chocolate, 
ate macaroons and German sweets,
bought fresh olives
browsed through the wonderful stalls, 
picked up some pretty decorations and 
enjoyed the warm atmosphere.

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous... the Christmas markets are one of the things I miss most about the holiday season in Europe!

    Ellie | Ellalogy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful! I always love a good market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love christmas markets, I have managed one so far this year and hope to go to Lincoln next weekend, my sister is heading to the Manchester one tomorrow so I will tell her to look out for those Macaroons! They look so pretty! xx

    www.thelibrarian.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my heart, all those macarons. Beautiful photos, really sets the Christmas tone. Would love to visit this market!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love christmas markets. it's like waking up the kids excitement in ourselves. i love feeling the butterflies in my stomach looking at pretty things and colors of toys, food, or snow globe - basically anything you can see in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh who doesn't like markets :) Especially the Christmas ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to say that I absolutely fall in love with your blogg. It's amazing)) I read everything in it. I can say that you are my favorite blogger))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much for your kind words, that really means a lot! :)

      Delete
  8. The Christmas markets are surreal! I can't believe I just found your blog - your photos are exactly what I WISH i could do!

    you have a gift x

    www.dancingthroughsunday.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like the best day. ever. Mmm, I love me some german chocolate.

    ReplyDelete