24 January 2014

1 year

This post is a little overdue because I was away, but at the start of this month my little blog turned a year old! I still can't believe it's been a year. I remember last year sitting at my desk during exam period, with my desk covered in books and notes. The task of revision was looking ever so daunting and so my mind started to wander . The clock hit midnight, it was the 1st of January, and I thought to myself why not create a blog and begin 2013 with something new? I had been contemplating the idea of creating a blog for quite some time but never did. I guess I was always a little scared to put a part of myself out there. However, it was the beginning of a new year and I thought to myself 'What the heck, go for it!' Most of all I wanted a space where I could express myself, be creative, share my photography, thoughts, and how I see the world around me. And after a year of blogging I can happily say creating a blog was one of the best decisions I made in 2013. I have really enjoyed blogging, seeing my blog grow, and interacting with readers and fellow bloggers. My experience in the blogging world has been really positive and I have received some wonderful comments and e-mails from readers. Each time someone leaves a comment or sends me an e-mail telling me that they love my blog or have been inspired by it, It really makes me happy. Just knowing that someone has left my blog feeling inspired is such a wonderful thing. And I would just like to say thank you to each and every person who has left a lovely comment, sent an e-mail or visited my blog. It means a lot and I really appreciate it.

I'm hoping for a wonderful 2014 on Erstwhile felicity.

19 comments:

  1. beautiful photos and happy blogiversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos ! Happy Blogiversary !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoy doing it. It's a great way to express in so many mediums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad you enjoy it. Your photography inspires me and I really love your blog.

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it makes me really happy to know that! :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on making it a year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog anniversary to you, Sonia. Wow, I can't believe Erstwhile Felicity hasn't been around longer than a year, I definitely feel like it's made a big impact in my bloggy world and had assumed you'd been blogging for longer - it has such a wonderfully professional yet intimate feel to it, and is definitely one of my favourites! A big thank you must go out to your brain for taking a wander at the beginning of 2013, and for prompting your decision to start your own corner of the blogosphere!

    Tori
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tori! Your kind words mean a lot! :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations lovely! Your blog is absolutely gorgeous, one of my favourite favourite reads. Excited to read along over the year ahead! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosie for your lovely words, means a lot!

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely post, what a year you've had, congratulations! :) Those photos are amazing.

    Mon Petit Billet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great job, your blog looks lovely. 1 year such an achievment, keep going!

    www.dancingthroughsunday.typepad.com
    x

    ReplyDelete